Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need guidance on choosing appropriate US consulate for L1A Renewal

Dear Members,

Once again thanks for all the awesome info that are shared in this forum. I have a specific question which would great to have an expert advise.

I am Indian national currently in the US in L1A, which is expiring by Jun, 2020. The visa was originally granted in Singapore from where i relocated to the US.

Question - I am planning to get my Visa renewal done, however, need suggestion on whether i should choose Singapore (since initially Visa was granted there) or Mexico consulate. Also, if i travel to Singapore, instead of home country, will it negatively impact the outcome or might be questioned?

If i end up travelling to Mexico - which location would be conducive - Mexico City or Monterrey (from any prior experience).

Looking forward to the advice.

Regards,
    Andy

Dear Members,

Any advice & information about prior experience would be highly solicited.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Generally it is recommended to go to your home country for stamping. You got your first visa from Singapore, because you were living there at that time. Now since you've left Singapore, you should go to India for stamping - Again this is not a published rule, legally you can go anywhere outside USA for stamping.

The chances of approval really doesn't matter based on consulates, if you have an approved individual petition, then you've already won half the battle, just go & collect your visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X