Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help on my visa queries - husband on L1B, I have L2EAD, validity queries..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help on my visa queries - husband on L1B, I have L2EAD, validity queries..

Hi Helpers,
    My husband has L1B visa valid until December 2020, but his i94 is good until September 2020, so how can he make it valid until December 2020?
    Also my L2 EAD is valid until July 2020- so until when and how can I get renewal?

Appreciate your inputs, thanks.
    -Ankita, February 14, 2020, California.

Generally I94 is given as per your petition expiry date. If your PED is same as your I94, then you'll need to file for extension of L1B petition before that date (consult your HR & attorney for that).

For L2 EAD, you can file to extend it along with your petition extension.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

@Libra_14 - Thank you for your inputs!

Comment

The petition expiry date is December 2020, not September 2020. Will going to port of entry work or local CBP/consulate office will do date correction?
        once our i94 is made good until Dec 2020, I'll apply for EAD extension.
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankita.Dhiraj View Post
          The petition expiry date is December 2020, not September 2020. Will going to port of entry work or local CBP/consulate office will do date correction?
          once our i94 is made good until Dec 2020, I'll apply for EAD extension.
          Thanks.
          For I94, you'll need to file for I539 (extension of stay). Visiting local CBP won't help, or visit anywhere outside USA (Canada/Mexico/Caribbean) & re-enter.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hi Helpers/Libra_14,

We crossed the border and re-enter- Now our i94 is good until October 31 2020 since the PED was October 31 2020.. PED is not December, my bad.
            He is also filing with L1 extension from employer, how about my L2 EAD-- it is expiring on July 26 2020, so what is the best option that I don't need to bear a career gap.
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi Helpers/Libra_14,

We crossed the border and re-enter- Now our i94 is good until October 31 2020 since the PED was October 31 2020.. PED is not December, my bad.
              He is also filing with L1 extension from employer, how about my L2 EAD-- it is expiring on July 26 2020, so what is the best option that I don't need to bear a career gap.
              Thanks!
              You can file for your EAD renewal now, but it will easily take 4 to 6 months. And again you'll get your new EAD will Oct 31 2020 (since your petition is valid till that time only).

So next month you can file for renew of L1 along with L2 extension & EAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

You can file for your EAD renewal now, but it will easily take 4 to 6 months. And again you'll get your new EAD will Oct 31 2020 (since your petition is valid till that time only).

So next month you can file for renew of L1 along with L2 extension & EAD.

-----> Thank you for all the inputs you give!
                He talked to his employer today, they are ready to start L1, L2 & EAD renew process.
                I'm worried about my career gap, since one can start renewal only 6 months prior to PED (in our case no sooner than May 1st, since PED is Oct 31st), so I think I'll get a gap bcoz EAD won't come before July end, EAD expiry is July 23.
                Can L2 holder work based on the proof that extension is applied already, I mean receipt, payment or new petition document?

Regards,
                Ankita(L2 EAD)

Comment

He talked to his employer today, they are ready to start L1, L2 & EAD renew process.
                  I'm worried about my career gap, since one can start renewal only 6 months prior to PED (in our case no sooner than May 1st, since PED is Oct 31st), so I think I'll get a gap bcoz EAD won't come before July end, EAD expiry is July 23.
                  As I mentioned earlier, The best you can do is to file EAD extension right now to extend it till Oct 31st. And in May file for L1 extension (under premium) along with L2 & EAD & hope to get EAD asap.

Can L2 holder work based on the proof that extension is applied already, I mean receipt, payment or new petition document?
                  No, L2 is NOT allowed to work without having EAD in hand.

Comment

Thanks for the info Libra!
                    Will file EAD extension today, and ask his employer to file all 3- L1 L2 & EAD in May 2020, so by that time the EAD extension I will file personally and by his employer will be at the same time in USCIS, won't it clash or any such issues? (knowing that EAD generally comes in 3-4 months)
                    Please reply, thanks!

Comment

I applied for EAD extension last week, USCIS received my application yesterday.
                      And my husband is planning to ask his employer to file L1 L2 with EAD in Mid-May, should that be fine?
                      any advice appreciated, thanks!

Comment

In my opinion that is the best you can do as of now.

Comment

I have filed my L2 EAD extension in Mid-March, and his employer to file all three - L1, L2 & my L2-EAD in May ending 2020, so by that time the EAD extension application I have filed personally and by his employer will be at the same time in USCIS, won't it clash or any such issues? (knowing that EAD generally comes in 3-4 months)
                          Please reply, thanks!

Comment

Helper-
                            I have filed my L2 EAD extension in Mid-March, and his employer to file all three - L1, L2 & my L2-EAD in May ending 2020, so by that time the EAD extension application I have filed personally and by his employer will be at the same time in USCIS, won't it clash or any such issues? (knowing that EAD generally comes in 3-4 months)
                            Please reply, thanks!

Comment

No it won't clash. However you might get RFE, which you can respond easily.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X