Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1b blanket i129s expiring i94 valid can I work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b blanket i129s expiring i94 valid can I work?

Hi,

I am currently on L1B blanket with visa and i129s expiring in 6 months but i94 is valid beyond that..

L1B Visa: expiring Nov 2020
    Blanket petition: valid indefinitely
    i129s: expiring Oct 2020
    i94: valid till Jan 2022

Can I continue to work based on valid i94 or do I need to extend the i129s ?

Is it possible to extend the i129s even though the i94 is valid?

Please provide inputs.

I94 give you stay only - You can stay in USA as long as your I94 is not expired, but I94 does not give you work authorization.

To work in USA, you need a valid petition in hand. Blanket petition is issued to company, but when a visa is issued to an individual, it usually has a PED mentioned (should be Oct 2020 as per your I129S) & that will be expiry date for your petition & work authority.

You don't need a valid visa to continue staying in USA, you'll need to renew it if you leave USA & re-enter after Nov 2020.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14

The PED mentioned in my visa was the end date of the L1 blanket petition (Nov 2019). The company renewed their blanket petition and now its valid indefinitely.

I used the renewed blanket petition (valid indefinitely) and I-129S (expiring in Oct 2020) to re-enter US last year. At that time I was given an I-94 valid til Jan 2022.

On some other posts I read I-129S extension cannot be filed before 6 months of I-94 expiry.

If true I will NOT be able to file for i129S extension before Jun 2021 ?

Comment

Originally posted by visa.buddy View Post
        I used the renewed blanket petition (valid indefinitely) and I-129S (expiring in Oct 2020) to re-enter US last year. At that time I was given an I-94 valid til Jan 2022.
        So you can stay in USA till Jan 2022, but can work till Oct 2020 only.
        On some other posts I read I-129S extension cannot be filed before 6 months of I-94 expiry.
        Not 100% sure, but yes you cannot file before 6 months of expiry.
        If true I will NOT be able to file for i129S extension before Jun 2021 ?
        Right.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X