Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New proclamation: Travel and Re-entry with existent L1 and L2 visas

Hello,

Both myself and my wife (L1 and L2 visas) are currently in the US.

We would like to go abroad to travel and return to the US in a couple of weeks
    Will we be banned to re-entry the country?

The new proclamation is not clear regarding existent L1/L2 visa holders travel/ re-entry

Thank you for the help!
    Renato

You are not affected. 1) The proclamation doesn't apply to people who were in the US on the effective date of the proclamation. 2) The proclamation doesn't apply to people who had visas valid on the effective date of the proclamation.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You must have a valid visa sticker on your passport to return.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I am in a similar spot - I think the presidential proclamation from March would stop you from travelling, if you intend to go to one of the countries listed (mostly Europe)? It was initially for 30 days, but it seems to be indefinite.
        1. 9/22/2020 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox (I130, I130a, I485, I765, I131, I-864, I-944)
        2. 9/23/2020 - Application received.
        3. 10/12/2020 - I-765 Rejected due to missing page
        4. 10/22/2020 - Payment taken for I-485 & I-130
        5. 10/26/2020 - 3 Text message receipts recieved
        6. 10/31/2020 - I-765 resubmitted
        7. 11/2/2020 - I-765 Received at Chicago Lockbox

Comment

Originally posted by scottishcraig View Post
          I am in a similar spot - I think the presidential proclamation from March would stop you from travelling, if you intend to go to one of the countries listed (mostly Europe)? It was initially for 30 days, but it seems to be indefinite.
          thats correct. Same visa, just returned from europe and were let in because we are parents of a us citizen, otherwise impossible for that exact reason.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct

No, there is no exception for parents of US citizens. Like I said, you are able to enter because you have a visa.
            As I said, I just went through this 2.5 weeks ago as a non permanent resident, travelling from Europe (EU Citizen). You cannot enter due to March 11 Proclamation "Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus"

Look under Sec 2. The only exception for visa holders traveling from Europe currently are being related to citizens!

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(iv) any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

Don't get stuck!

Comment

So my understanding is that after leaving the US if you stay 14 days in a non-risk country from the list (e.g Mexico or Bahamas) you can then re-enter the US with the L1 visa.

Do you how they do how they calculate the 14 days?

Are these 14 days from the day you have arrived in the low risk country? Or 14 days from the day you go the US?

Thank you
              Renato

Comment

Originally posted by costareG View Post
                So my understanding is that after leaving the US if you stay 14 days in a non-risk country from the list (e.g Mexico or Bahamas) you can then re-enter the US with the L1 visa.

Do you how they do how they calculate the 14 days?

Are these 14 days from the day you have arrived in the low risk country? Or 14 days from the day you go the US?

Thank you
                Renato
                14 days prior to the day you landing in USA.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X