Visa expired in Feb 2020, valid i94 till Apr 2021, Extension in-progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa expired in Feb 2020, valid i94 till Apr 2021, Extension in-progress

Hello everyone. I have a very different question here. Please help by providing your inputs

I am on L1A visa and currently in US. The visa's 3 year completed on 2020 Feb (valid, stamped visa). But the i94 is good till Apr 2021. 140 approved with 2020 Feb as a priority date. My L1 extension is in-progress.
    Now the question is what will happen if my L1 extension rejected? My current i94 is valid till Apr 2021 and extension is pending some updates

Just want to know whether I need to exist US if my L1 extension get a denial or can stay till Apr 2021 with current i94 or any other options.

Thanks for your input

Originally posted by eham View Post
    Now the question is what will happen if my L1 extension rejected? My current i94 is valid till Apr 2021 and extension is pending some updates

Just want to know whether I need to exist US if my L1 extension get a denial or can stay till Apr 2021 with current i94 or any other options.
    You'll get your new I94 along with your L1 extension - with approval the date will be matching with your new petition expiry date. If denied you'll get a date as your new I94 date & you'll need to leave the country before that date.

Once you receive your new I94, your current I94 with date of Apr 2021 will be no more valid.

By-the-way, what is your petition expiry date?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

The date on the L1 extension approval will supersede the current I-94
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
        The date on the L1 extension approval will supersede the current I-94
        Thats not the case always, sometime the L1 extension come without an I94 printed in bottom of I797.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Which means, the extension of stay was not approved
          Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X