No update on premium processing request for L1 extension petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No update on premium processing request for L1 extension petition

I've filed my L1-A extension petition early this year, and responded to an subsequent RFE around June 20. My 240 days ext period was about to end on Sep 20, and as there was no update from USCIS post RFE evidence submission, filed for premium processing and received by USCIS on 9/10/20. However, there is no update on my L1-A extension petition from USCIS until now, I assume that USCIS would typically respond or adjudicate the petition under premium filing within 15 calendar days of receipt, but in my case it is already past 20 days. I understand that USCIS might be operating on limited workforce with recent furlough announcement (they say it is averted but not sure) and this is leading me to assume that my petition may be affected with this issue.

Any guidance or inputs would be high appreciated. I am currently out of status with no work authorization, and hence no payroll

Thanks

Call up USCIS and expedite. You must be having the receipt number

Comment

Your attorney needs to contact Premium Processing. Premium Processing is still processing applications within the 15-day window. If it’s been 20 days, they need to give you a decision (either approve, deny or send another RFE or tell you that the petition cannot be processed in the 15-day calendar window) and refund the Premium Processing fees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X