Can I travel to USA with expired petition date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to USA with expired petition date

My l2 visa end date is JUL-2021 and PED is APR-2019. I left to India in March 2019 and due to personal reasons I didn’t travel back to USA So I didnt apply for l2 extension along with my husbands l1 extension so my PED is still APR-2019. Now I want to travel back to USA to join my husband. Can I travel? should I apply for stamping from India?

Did your husband extended his petition? If yes, you'll need a copy of his approved petition & proof that he is living inside USA legally (I94, payslip etc).

You do not need to extend L2, if you are travelling outside & returning into USA. Please note that L2 extension is just an extension of your stay (basically I94) & nothing else. By leaving USA & reentering into USA, means your I94 is extended.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

My husband has applied my his L2 extension which will expire soon.So can he travel to India and be back without his L2 being approved?

Comment

L visas aren't being allowed back into the US PERIOD. If you are already here on an L visa, if you leave, you are not going to be readmitted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X