Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B extension approved; how to get stamped during COVID19? (India or Canada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension approved; how to get stamped during COVID19? (India or Canada)

Hi Immihelp members,

My L1B extension was filed in 2019. But since it wasn't filed under premium processing(mine and my company's mistake), approval came through late in 2020-June (I-797A) when the COVID19 lock down had already begun and I couldn't travel to India to get stamped.

I need to travel to India in March 2021 for my wedding, but the visa website (cgifederal.secure.force.com) doesn't even show the calendar for Consular appointments, but just an error saying 'There are currently no appointments available.' (Please find attached screenshot) and I've tried selecting options.

So here are my questions,
    1. Is there any way to schedule a L1B consular appointment in India, even if the date is much farther? (If I understand correctly, L1-Blanket extensions don't qualify for Drop box)
    2. Is it a bad idea to wait until the calendar opens up for appointments hoping I could still make it in time for March 2021?
    3. Is it advisable to travel to Canada to get stamped? (My company is willing to send me over on a business trip to Canada and I already have a business visa for Canada)
    4. Any idea if appointment dates are available in Canada for L1B stamping? (I already paid visa fees in India once and I'm unable to use it. Would prefer to not repeat it in Canada if possible.)

Really appreciate your help, thanks
    Attached Files

Hi,
    any update on this..
    I am on similar boat.

Is it safe to get visa from canada

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...