Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping for L1 visa

Hello,

I am on L1 visa and I had my first renewal in 2018. During that time, my PED was till Oct' 21 and visa expiration date is Oct'2023.

Now, I have applied for extension and got extension till Oct'2023. Got I-797 with the extension details.

Do I need to go for stamping now as my visa expiration in passport is till Oct'2023.

Thanks in advance

Hello All,

Appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks in advance

Comment

What’s your latest i94 says?

if you have valid extension approval and new i94- you don’t need to go for stamping.

stamping is only required if you are planning to travel out of USA, so while entering back to US you would need visa.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have Admit date till 10th Oct 2021 in I-94 which shows my PED date(before extension). But the visa expiration date is Oct'2023 in the passport.

I am wondering if I need stamping when I move out of US, as my visa expiration date is Oct'2023 in the passport.

Comment

You should be good - however pls check with attorney and CBP
          Last edited by PS2015; 10-15-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

The Petition Expiration Date (“PED”) listed on a visa stamp generally reflects the I-797 expiration date and the final date on which a foreign national can enter the U.S. using that visa without a new I-797 approved. While the PED is typically the same as the visa stamp’s expiration date, this is not always the case.

you should be good with New extension approval and old Visa stamp.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
              This means I do not need to get visa stamping when I go out of US. I can come back to US with the new I-797 that is issued to me and the existing visa stamp that I have in passport which is till 2013. Please confirm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X