Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakenly selected L1 (Blanket) instead of L1 (Individual) as my visa category.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakenly selected L1 (Blanket) instead of L1 (Individual) as my visa category.

Hi All,

While taking the visa stamping appointment, I mistakenly selected L1 (Blanket) instead of L1 (Individual) as my visa category.
    I have booked my tickets to India and it is very difficult to reschedule the appointment.
    Anyone is having this experience? Any suggestion what should i do in this case?

Thankyou

Where did you made this mistake? On the appointment page or in DS160 page?

Appointment site: You can still correct it without lossing your appointment.
    DS160, you can fill in a new one.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I did this mistake on appointment page. I don't see any option to update the visa category on appointment page.

Comment

sourabhsehgal Does the ustraveldocs support center helped you? Im in similar situation.

Comment

sumeshsl007, I also did the same mistake, Did you get any work around.

Comment

KumarDeepak I have raised a feedback request from usatraveldocs.com, waiting for their response.

Comment

Hello sourabhsehgal​ and sumeshsl007 Can you please update on what exactly usatraveldocs replied and/or how exactly you corrected it without canceling the appointment?

Comment

In case this helps future readers. I called ustraveldocs and they told me the visa class L1-blanket and L1-individual are very different. So they asked me to cancel existing L1-blanket appointment and rebook it under L1-individual class. There is no way I can keep the appointment. I have since cancelled the appointment and trying to get new one.

I don't know what others did, but I would appreciate if others can share their experience.

Comment

I had a similar issue and realised the error a day before interview, the only option I had to cancel my interview and reapply again...not attending the interview may result in being shadow banned for 120 days

Comment

Hi, Did you had to repay the fee when you cancelled and got a new appointment. Can customer support not do that change? Please share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X