Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A visa not expired but blanket L1 petition expired but individual petition renewed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A visa not expired but blanket L1 petition expired but individual petition renewed.

I have an Indian passport & my latest US L1 visa was issued at Mexico City in July 2018 & expiration date on visa is July 2023. It has an annotation which says Blanket L1 with my petitiioner name & petition no. used during July 2018. Visa also says PED - 09 July 2020. I had applied for individual L1 petition for extension of stay in May 2020 while I was in US & the petition got approved in Jan 2021 with validity - Valid from 07/06/2020 to 06/29/2022. Currently I am in India. My question is - Do I need to apply for visa at US embassy in India if I have to return back to USA?

My details
    1. Passport - India
    2. US Visa - L1
    3. Visa issue date - 20 Jul 2018
    4. VIsa expiry date - 17 Jul 2023
    5. Annotation - Blanket L1, Petitioner name & no. PED - 09 Jul 202
    6. Extension of stay - i-797 approved for case type i-129 with same petitioner company.
    7. Petition validity - Valid from July 2020 to July 2022

Note that my visa duration is 5 years due to reciprocal agreement between India & US. I plan to travel from India to USA in March 2021. Do I need to go for visa stamping OR existing visa valid till Jul 2023 with new i-797 valid till July 2022 be enough to show as port of entry (POE)? if yes, Am I eligible for dropbox?

I am in similar situation
    Did you get an answer to this? -
    Do I need to go for visa stamping OR existing visa valid till Jul 2023 with new i-797 valid till July 2022 be enough to show as port of entry (POE)? if yes, Am I eligible for dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by zzzsss111 View Post
      I am in similar situation
      Did you get an answer to this? -
      Do I need to go for visa stamping OR existing visa valid till Jul 2023 with new i-797 valid till July 2022 be enough to show as port of entry (POE)? if yes, Am I eligible for dropbox?
      You need to have a valid visa as well as valid I-797 at the time of entry into USA. Seems like your I-797 is expired early this year (July 2022). You need a new petition first.

Your existing valid visa will work with new extended petition (I-797).

You are eligible for dropbox.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Libra_14 , thanks for the reply so my case as below -

Current Visa expiry - March 2025
        PED on the current Visa - March 2023

We are in process of filing the new petition
        If the new petition is approved I should have new PED on the I797 let's say - 2025.

So if I understand you correctly , I should not need a new Visa stamp to travel and return to US .
        Existing Visa stamp + new I797 should suffice.
        Correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by zzzsss111 View Post
          Libra_14 , thanks for the reply so my case as below -

Current Visa expiry - March 2025
          PED on the current Visa - March 2023

We are in process of filing the new petition
          If the new petition is approved I should have new PED on the I797 let's say - 2025.

So if I understand you correctly , I should not need a new Visa stamp to travel and return to US .
          Existing Visa stamp + new I797 should suffice.
          Correct ?
          That's correct.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X