Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H4 EAD while on L1b

Hi,

My spouse currently has a H1b with approved i140, I have a valid H4 visa. I am planning to go to US and apply for H4 EAD and continue working for my current employer in the US location. Since the processing times are unpredictable/takes a 6-11 months now, my current employer offered to apply for L1b provided I can apply for H4 EAD in the mean time and continue to work on H4 EAD once it is approved.

Can I do this?
    1. Apply for H4 EAD while on L1B?
    2. If I have to file for H4 COS then can I apply for H4 COS and EAD together? Is there a chance that the COS and EAD will get approved together? So, I won't have to be unemployed for the time that h4 EAD is processing.

Originally posted by ananaan View Post
    1. Apply for H4 EAD while on L1B?
    Why do you need H4 EAD when you get L1B? Working on L1B is more easier rather on H4-EAD.
    2. If I have to file for H4 COS then can I apply for H4 COS and EAD together?
    Yes
    Is there a chance that the COS and EAD will get approved together? So, I won't have to be unemployed for the time that h4 EAD is processing.
    It's really unsure as when COS or EAD will get approved. But if you file both together, most probably it will be approved together.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X