Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 Visa Approved by VO at consulate later changed to refused (221g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa Approved by VO at consulate later changed to refused (221g)

L2 visa - Approved at Consulate . Refused under 221g , need help please !!!!

My spouse attended L1A blanket interview at Canada Vancouver Consulate . Myself and kid accompanied him for L2 . VO approved L1 and L2 after verification of Marriage certificate and kids birth certificate . No other questions were asked to the L2 . Biometrics were taken at the Consulate .All our Passports were collected for stamping.

My spouse and kid received the passport with visa issued . My L2 visa was in Approved status from 12 th Feb . It changed to Refused on 26 th Feb from Approved .

Update on 02/27 I received a 221g on L2. Passports not yet returned . No documents are or information is being asked

Has anyone faced this situation or aware of next steps ??​

Any update on your situation?

Comment

Hi
      I am very sorry to hear that. Please may I know what happened next or what steps have you taken ? Thanks

Comment

Hi 221g refusal of visa mean " A visa refusal under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) means the applicant did not establish eligibility for a visa to the satisfaction of the consular officer, as is required under U.S. law, specifically section 291 of the INA. When an applicant is refused under 221(g), it means the consular officer determined that the applicant was not eligible for a visa after completing and executing the visa application and any required interview. It is possible that a consular officer will reconsider a visa application refused under 221(g) at a later date, based on additional information or upon the resolution of administrative processing, and determine that the applicant is eligible. When a consular officer refuses a case under 221(g), she or he will convey to the applicant whether the applicant is required to provide any further documentation or information, or whether the case requires additional administrative processing.​"

This decision can be overturned as it says " If an application was refused under section 221(g) and the consular officer specifically told the applicant to provide documents or information, the applicant should provide a complete response as soon as possible. A consular officer will request additional information when she or he believes the information is relevant to establishing that an applicant is eligible for the visa sought. If the consular officer refuses a visa, but requests additional information, an applicant has one year from the date the visa was refused to submit the additional information. Otherwise, if an applicant does not provide the required additional information within one year, the applicant will have to reapply for the visa and pay another application fee.

If an application was refused and a consular officer indicates administrative processing is required, processing times can vary based on individual circumstances. If an applicant’s situation presents a unique hardship, please inform the consular section where the visa application was made.
        ​ ".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X