Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD Extension

Hi,
    I'm currently on L1 and my wife on L2. Our visa and I-94 is expiring on 01-Sep-2012. However, my wife's EAD has expired on 18-Feb-2012. We didn't notice it till today that her EAD has expired (bummer me ) .
    My question is:
    1. She definitely needs to stop working but can she be on LWP till she gets new EAD.
    2. If we apply EAD as of today (8th April), will she get an EAD valid till Sep-2012 just for 3-4 months or her EAD will be denied.
    3. If we apply for our L1 and L2 extension in parallel to EAD extension, will that cause any issues ?
    4. Does her working while her EAD was expired will affect our future extensions ? What can be done about this ?

Thanks for all your help in anticipation
    Last edited by aila; 04-08-2012, 08:31 PM.

1. She definitely needs to stop working but can she be on LWP till she gets new EAD.
    >>> Yes. She cannot work and get paid without a valid EAD. Whether she is on leave without pay or have quit the job is not USCIS's concern.

2. If we apply EAD as of today (8th April), will she get an EAD valid till Sep-2012 just for 3-4 months or her EAD will be denied.
    >>> She may get the EAD approved. But it takes 2-3 months to get it a decision. She cannot work until she receives the approval.

3. If we apply for our L1 and L2 extension in parallel to EAD extension, will that cause any issues ?
    >>> No.

4. Does her working while her EAD was expired will affect our future extensions ?
    >>> It can, depending on how deep the officer who handles your case looks at your case. Employment after the EAD expiry date is purely illegal. It will not affect you. But it can impact your wife application or visa stamping.

What can be done about this ?
    >>> There is nothing much you can do now. Do consult a good immigration attorney.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143.
      I've applied for renewal online on 9th April and got receipt today. However, I got the biometrics appointment too for May 8th. Strangely, this is renewal not sure why biometrics are required. 2ndly, biometrics is 1 month away. Is there anyway to get it done sooner ?
      Last edited by aila; 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

There is no way to prepone it.

Originally posted by aila View Post
        Thanks shervin143.
        I've applied for renewal online on 9th April and got receipt today. However, I got the biometrics appointment too for May 8th. Strangely, this is renewal not sure why biometrics are required. 2ndly, biometrics is 1 month away. Is there anyway to pre-pone it ?

Comment

Hello,
          I have question on EAD. Please let me know if you have any information regarding this.

What happens to valid L2 and EAD if main applicant i.e L1 applicant in following cases.
          1. Goes on unpaid leave about 6 months?
          2. Leaves US and starts working for parent company back in India and then again come back within 3-4 months?
          3. Or goes on maternity leaves.

Can the person with valid EAD continue working in such scenarios ?

Comment

1. Goes on unpaid leave about 6 months?
            >>> There is no L2 without a valid L1. When a person is in L1 in U.S, he/she should be working and getting paid to maintain the L1 status. Otherwise, the person will go out of status on L1 and so will the person in L2. When a person is out of statuson L2, he / she cannot work. That work is considered illegal. If the L1 candidate leaves U.S, the L2 should also leave U.S. Only very short trips outside U.S by the L1 holder without the L2 dependents are allowed.

2. Leaves US and starts working for parent company back in India and then again come back within 3-4 months?
            >>> When L1 leaves U.S for 3-4 months, all his/her dependents also should leave the country along with the L1 holder. There is no L2 without L1.

3. Or goes on maternity leaves.
            >>> Maternity leave is only 6 weeks for normal delivery and 8 weeks for C section. In this case, the L2 can continue to work. If the L1 holder takes an unpaid vacation for more than 6-8 weeks (depending on normal delivery or C-section), then the L1 holder will go out of status and the L2 will also go out of status. In which case, L2 cannot work.

Comment

EAD extension, L2 is still vvalid

Hi, we have L2 valid till sept 2013, EAD expired in Mar 2013. what is the process to file for extension? Is it normal EAD application process or simpler for extension?
              Also is it ok to file for extension for 5 months? Original L1/L2 is expected to be applied for renewal in Jun or so.

Comment

L2 visa approval notice - EAD

Hi,
                My husband went to Canada for his L1 extension and I could not go as I as pregnant that time. I had applied my L2 extension and get the approval notice today.
                My question is

1. My EAD and I94 has expired on June 2015. While re-applying my EAD its asking for I94. Can I apply for my EAD extension with only my visa approval notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Rishi.M View Post
                  Hi,
                  My husband went to Canada for his L1 extension and I could not go as I as pregnant that time. I had applied my L2 extension and get the approval notice today.
                  My question is

1. My EAD and I94 has expired on June 2015. While re-applying my EAD its asking for I94. Can I apply for my EAD extension with only my visa approval notice?
                  If L2 extension was approved, it would have come with a new I-94, check the bottom half of the extension approval notice.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

EAD expiring on March 2018

Hi,

I need a help on L2 EAD renewal. My visa stamping is valid till 2022 and I-94 valid till 2020. My husband's visa and I-94 is expiring on March 2018. We will be filling for extension this month. I have few questions:-
                    1. Can I file my EAD extension while L1 Visa approval is pending so that I can continue my job. Note that my visa is still valid till 2022?
                    2. If we do not file in premium processing, will get my EAD approved before March 2018?

Your help is really appreciated.

Comment

L2 Extension Same Query

Hi All,

My L2 EAD expired on 11/1. My Husband's L1 is valid till March 2018. And his company is going to file an extension soon but this is still in process. I have now two queries on this.

* Can I apply for L2 EAD renewal or will it get rejected due to my husband's Visa ?
                      * Is there any difference in filling fees if we get an extension for only few months ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Same Question

Originally posted by Nehalb28 View Post
                        Hi,

I need a help on L2 EAD renewal. My visa stamping is valid till 2022 and I-94 valid till 2020. My husband's visa and I-94 is expiring on March 2018. We will be filling for extension this month. I have few questions:-
                        1. Can I file my EAD extension while L1 Visa approval is pending so that I can continue my job. Note that my visa is still valid till 2022?
                        2. If we do not file in premium processing, will get my EAD approved before March 2018?

Your help is really appreciated.
                        Hi Nehal,

did you received any response for your queries ? I am in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by truptiupadhyay View Post
                          Hi Nehal,

As much as I know. Your ead approval depends on ur husbands petition. If his petition is approved you can submit for ead renewal without his visa. I think this is what I did few yrs back.

If you file again you have to pay the whole fees. Even if ur ead is or will be valid for few mths
                          Last edited by Vsamsr10; 11-06-2017, 03:59 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

No, I havent got any response. Have you got any answer to this?

No, I havent got any response. Have you got any answer to this?

Originally posted by truptiupadhyay View Post
                            Hi Nehal,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X