Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a rejected DS-160 application effect my eta status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a rejected DS-160 application effect my eta status?

Hi all,

Today I was denied an ivisa at the US Embassy in London, along with the rest of the crew that I am working with. Essentially there's an issue with the production company, not personnel.

When I was rejected, I asked if this would count as a yes to the "ever been denied entry to the US" question. They told me it would, but not in a bad way and that I would have to apply for a visa from now on even to go on holiday/vacation. Annoying.

However, other colleagues who were also denied were told that this wasn't the case. From what we can tell we were all refused for the same reason, something with the production company rather than us personally.

Does anyone know which of these is the case?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I did have a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for any and all help!
    Last edited by Toddycool; 06-18-2019, 02:05 PM.

Originally posted by Toddycool View Post
    Hi all,

Today I was denied an ivisa at the US Embassy in London, along with the rest of the crew that I am working with. Essentially there's an issue with the production company, not personnel.

When I was rejected, I asked if this would count as a yes to the "ever been denied entry to the US" question. They told me it would, but not in a bad way and that I would have to apply for a visa from now on even to go on holiday/vacation. Annoying.

However, other colleagues who were also denied were told that this wasn't the case. From what we can tell we were all refused for the same reason, something with the production company rather than us

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I did have a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for any and all help!
    just my personal opinion: you were denied a visa, not entry. If you were given a visa, then you could present yourself at a port of entry to seek entry. The CBP official then can allow entry or deny entry at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogu View Post

just my personal opinion: you were denied a visa, not entry. If you were given a visa, then you could present yourself at a port of entry to seek entry. The CBP official then can allow entry or deny entry at that point.
      Thanks for that Mogu, there's lots of "rumours" flying around at my place of work so we will wait and see what the official outcome is. I've got another appointment with different information from the production company that should hopefully resolve it. As you said, I've not been denied entry, just denied a visa.

If anyone else has a definitive answer I'd still like to hear it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddycool View Post
        Hi all,

However, other colleagues who were also denied were told that this wasn't the case. From what we can tell we were all refused for the same reason, something with the production company rather than us

An application may be denied because the consular officer does not have all of the ... Can a friend or relative inquire about my denied visa application?

Comment

I have the same problem. It is still not resolved. Point Click Care CNA
          Last edited by Ryan545; 10-07-2022, 12:32 AM.

Comment

The forums you share are really helpful to me, I will follow your posts regularly. For more information about me, go here: run 3

Comment

A rejected DS-160 application does not directly affect your ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) status. The DS-160 is a U.S. visa application form, while ETA is specific to travel authorization for entry into Australia. However, individual immigration circumstances may vary, so it's advisable to check with relevant authorities for specific guidance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X