Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to start immigration application process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to start immigration application process?

Is there a recommended time frame for starting immigration applications? Should we submit I130 immediately after mom's arrival and I485 after 90 days, or is it better to wait 90 days and submit both applications at once? Is there a formal or informal rule regarding this matter?
    Last edited by TanchelGrayon; 03-22-2023, 06:57 AM.

It's generally recommended to start the immigration application process as soon as possible, as it can take a significant amount of time for applications to be processed. However, in terms of submitting the I130 and I485 applications, it's best to consult with an immigration lawyer who can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation. In general, it's important to ensure that all necessary documentation is in order and that you meet all eligibility requirements before submitting any applications. There isn't necessarily a formal or informal rule about when to submit the applications, but it's best to proceed in a timely and organized manner with the guidance omegle of an owespeedtest experienced immigration lawyer.
    Last edited by GrovtalGeorge; 06-15-2023, 07:51 AM.

Comment

When it comes to the recommended time frame for starting immigration applications, it's important to consider various factors and consult with an immigration attorney for personalized advice. While I can provide some general guidance, please note that immigration processes can be complex, and individual circumstances may vary.

Typically, the process involves two main applications: the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative and the I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. There isn't a strict formal rule regarding the timing of these applications, but there are some considerations to keep in mind.

One option is to submit the I-130 petition immediately after your mom's arrival in the United States. This can help establish the family relationship and initiate the immigration process. However, please note that the I-130 petition alone does not grant any immigration benefits or provide work authorization.

Regarding the I-485 application, it's generally advisable to wait for at least 90 days after your mom's arrival to submit it. This waiting period is recommended to ensure compliance with the "90-day rule," which helps demonstrate that her initial entry into the country was not with the preconceived intent to immigrate.

Submitting both the I-130 and I-485 applications together can be an alternative approach. This allows for concurrent filing, which streamlines the process and potentially reduces the overall waiting time. However, it's crucial to ensure that all required documentation and supporting evidence are properly prepared and included with the applications.

To make an informed decision based on your specific circumstances, I highly recommend consulting with an experienced immigration attorney. They can assess your situation, guide you through the process, and provide personalized advice based on their expertise.

Remember that immigration laws
      koows and koows policies can change, so it's crucial to stay updated and consult with professionals for the most accurate and current information.
      Last edited by RheaKanitkar; 06-29-2023, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Many people face this situation and can share their experiences.

Comment

1. Research and Planning: Begin researching the immigration requirements and options well in advance. Understand the eligibility criteria, documentation, and processes associated with the immigration program you're interested in.
          2. Long-Term Planning: If you are considering immigration as a long-term goal, it's advisable to start planning several years in advance. This allows you to gather necessary documents, improve language skills, gain work experience, and meet any other prerequisites
          3. Specific Immigration Program Deadlines: Different immigration programs may have specific application windows or deadlines. Make sure to check the official website of the immigration authority of the country you're interested in to know when applications are accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by TanchelGrayon View Post
            Is there a recommended time frame for starting immigration applications? Should we submit I130 immediately after mom's arrival and I485 after 90 days, or is it better to wait 90 days and submit both applications at once? Is there a formal or informal rule regarding this matter?
            Consider factors like your visa status, job situation, family ties, and financial stability. If you require sponsorship, ensure the sponsor meets the necessary requirements and is prepared to submit supporting documents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X