Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30- “child of a worker” but got married before approval. Citizenship issues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30- “child of a worker” but got married before approval. Citizenship issues ?

Hi - I got my E30 green card through my parents. It took a really long time. They got it in late 2014.

Now, I have been in the US longer than them as before I was on a student visa. By the time, I finish college I still had not heard on my application until end of December of 2015 a letter came of rejection that I was not qualified for E30.

I had been with my ex at the time for 4 years now so we decided to get married on 01/08/16.

then 4 days later, on 01/12/16 I received a letter that my status E30 had been approved. I received my green card and my marriage fell apart as I was very young - so I moved on and got divorced

its been 4 years after, and I should be able to apply for US citizenship later this year. Will I have issues since I got married prior to my E30 approval ?

Yes, you will have issues if you were married as of the "resident since" date on your green card, as you were not eligible to be a derivative beneficiary if you were married.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X