Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Visa Abroard question

Hello everyone,
    Just a curious question regarding marriage abroard.

So my friend just met this girl online and talking to her for couple month and then they decide to meet in her home country(Vietnam) and also his country(Vietnam) also, he planning on going back after covid to spent time with her(less then 1 year) and see how she is then maybe schedule with her parent that he would be back again for an engagement in couple month and then marriage.

Let say if you meet the person less then a year and decide to engage and married when is a good tike to start the spouse i-130 application? When you sign up for marriage in the country courthouse? or when you official have a wedding ceremony before you can start the application process?

Official documentation of marriage is necessary for visa/petition. Ceremony is optional! So you can start application process once you have court documents.

Originally posted by ricktrang View Post

Let say if you meet the person less then a year and decide to engage and married when is a good tike to start the spouse i-130 application? When you sign up for marriage in the country courthouse? or when you official have a wedding ceremony before you can start the application process?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post
      Official documentation of marriage is necessary for visa/petition. Ceremony is optional! So you can start application process once you have court documents.

So basically, Both person go to court to sign up for wedding(like the court house here in united state) after they sign and got the paper they can start the i-130 paperwork without having to dona wedding ceremony.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ricktrang View Post

So basically, Both person go to court to sign up for wedding(like the court house here in united state) after they sign and got the paper they can start the i-130 paperwork without having to dona wedding ceremony.

Thanks
        Correct.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X