Change of status from F-1 to R-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from F-1 to R-1

Has any international student changed their status from F-1 to R-1 while attending a Christian school in the US?

I came to the US to study Engineering but then transferred to a seminary. Will USCIS deny my application if change my status to R-1 before graduating from the seminary?

I study in a Bible college under F1 visa. I meet all the requirements for R1 (religious worker visa). R1 permits enrollment in school. Is it possible to change my status to R1 while I'm attending school and at the same time work part time (20 hours per week) for my non-profit sponsor?

Will I be violating any law if I do not wait until I graduate and go on OPT and then adjust my status to R1?

Last edited by Padberg; 07-29-2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Padberg View Post
      I study in a Bible college under F1 visa. I meet all the requirements for R1 (religious worker visa). R1 permits enrollment in school. Is it possible to change my status to R1 while I'm attending school and at the same time work part time (20 hours per week) for my non-profit sponsor?

Will I be violating any law if I do not wait until I graduate and go on OPT and then adjust my status to R1?
      If you meet all requirements and the non-profit do the petition, I don't see a problem. You can also check if you can do CPT during your studies, I guess that will be easier than a direct F1 to R1 before graduation.

I know someone that started with F1, did CPT (up to 20 hours a week), OPT full time as a religious worker then R1. Without problems.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I am looking for the same.
        DMV Now
        Last edited by Harley69; 11-20-2022, 11:53 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X