Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding change or status and R1 visa ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding change or status and R1 visa ?

I have been in the US on a visitors visa for a couple months now, my allowance ends in October for me to have to go home. In this time here i have been volunteering at a local church of which i have become part of. Since i informed the priests and sisters of the church i would be leaving they have asked if i could become the sacristan of the church(which is in fact a valid job for an R1 visa) and i agreed to. The priests have never helped someone before on this subject of petitioning and so they have asked me to get some answers before they petition for me.

•They want to know where does the church send the i-129 form to after it has been printed and filled in?

•They want to know if applying for a ds160 form is necessary if applying for an R1 visa accompanied by a change of status application with the i-129 form.

•What must be sent with the i-129 form to USCIS router login 192.168.l.l.link/

•How long before my allowance here expires do we have to file the application for change of status from a b2 visitor to R1 visa

•Does money need to be sent with the form i-129.
    Last edited by tequekama; 12-31-2023, 07:50 AM.

Originally posted by tequekama View Post
    •They want to know where does the church send the i-129 form to after it has been printed and filled in?
    Look under I-129 filing addresses, under R-1 petitions. It currently lists the Texas Service Center.

​•They want to know if applying for a ds160 form is necessary if applying for an R1 visa accompanied by a change of status application with the i-129 form.
    US visas are only for entry. You don't need a visa unless you plan to leave the US and re-enter. And you can't get a visa inside the US anyway. The next time you go abroad, you can get an R1 visa at the US consulate in the foreign country you will be traveling to.

​•What must be sent with the i-129 form to USCIS
    On the I-129 page, there are the I-129 instructions, and also an optional checklist for R1. Read the instructions for what needs to be provided.

​•How long before my allowance here expires do we have to file the application for change of status from a b2 visitor to R1 visa
    It needs to be officially received by USCIS before your status expires. Don't cut it too close.

​•Does money need to be sent with the form i-129.
    The I-129 page lists a filing fee of $460.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I have been in the US on a visitors visa for a couple months now, my allowance ends in October for me to have to go home. In this time here i have been volunteering at a local church of which i have become part of. Since i informed the priests and sisters of the church i would be leaving they have asked if i could become the sacristan of the church(which is in fact a valid job for an R1 visa) and i agreed to. The priests have never helped someone before on this subject of petitioning and so they have asked me to get some answers before they petition for me.

•They want to know if applying for a ds160 form is necessary if applying for an R1 visa accompanied by a change of status application with the i-129 form.

•What must be sent with the i-129 form to USCIS router login 192.168.l.l.link/

•How long before my allowance here expires do we have to file the application for change of status from a b2 visitor to R1 visa

•Does money need to be sent with the form i-129.

It's great to hear that you've become involved with your local church and have the opportunity to become the sacristan! Here are some answers to your questions:

The I-129 form should be sent to the appropriate USCIS service center based on the location of the church. You can find the correct address on the USCIS website or by calling their customer service line.
      The DS-160 form is typically used for nonimmigrant visa applications at U.S. embassies or consulates abroad. Since you're applying for a change of status within the U.S., you won't need to complete the DS-160 form. Instead, you'll focus on the I-129 form for the petition.
      Along with the I-129 form, you'll need to include supporting documents such as evidence of the church's tax-exempt status, your job offer as sacristan, and any other relevant documentation requested by USCIS. Be sure to review the form instructions carefully for a complete list of required documents.
      It's best to file the change of status application well before your B2 visitor status expires to allow for processing time. Aim to submit the application at least several months before your authorized stay ends to avoid any gaps in status.
      There is a filing fee associated with the I-129 form, which varies depending on the classification being sought. Check the USCIS website or the form instructions for the most up-to-date fee information and payment instructions.
      It's important to work closely with the priests and any legal counsel they may engage to ensure that the petition is filed correctly and on time. Good luck with your application process!​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X