Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 some question

I have R2.
    1) to open a bankaccount/start loan/have credit card/ ecc they ask me a SSN , but I read this is not possible, right? any solutions?

2) how many year I need waiting to asking a greencard?

3) as R-2 visa holders cannot work. But can I open my LLC and hire people and manage them and manage my company?

thanks in advance for help

Regarding your R-2 visa questions:

1. Social Security Number and Financial Services:

Unfortunately, you're right. As an R-2 visa holder, you are generally not eligible for a Social Security Number (SSN), which limits your access to certain financial services like opening bank accounts, taking out loans, or getting credit cards. However, there might be some options:
    • Non-SSN bank accounts: Some banks offer accounts specifically for non-residents without SSNs. Research options and inquire about documentation requirements.
    • Authorized signer: Consider becoming an authorized signer on a joint account with your R-1 visa holder spouse.

2. Green Card Wait Time:

The wait time for obtaining a green card varies greatly depending on several factors, including your country of origin, visa category, and current processing times. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific timeframe without more information. You can check the USCIS website for estimated wait times based on your situation: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

3. R-2 Visa and Business Ownership:

You cannot directly be involved in operating a business while on an R-2 visa. This includes managing employees, participating in day-to-day operations, or generating income from the business. However, there are some nuanced possibilities:
    • Passive investment: You can own shares in an LLC but cannot actively manage it. Seek an immigration attorney's guidance for details.
    • Spouse's involvement: Your R-1 visa holder spouse can manage the LLC, and you could potentially assist them in non-managerial tasks without violating visa terms.

Important Disclaimer: This information is intended for general guidance only and does not shagle constitute omegle legal advice. Always consult with a qualified immigration attorney for accurate and personalized advice regarding your specific situation and legal options.

Comment

thanks for your answers

Originally posted by BhambriRohunu View Post
      Regarding your R-2 visa questions:[*]Spouse's involvement: Your R-1 visa holder spouse can manage the LLC, and you could potentially assist them in non-managerial tasks without violating visa terms.
      I know that R1 can only do the religious job of his visa, he can't do other jobs such as llc manager

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X