X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to F1 RFE received - Help with RFE response

Applied for F1 on Aug 16, 2013
    H1 expired on Sep 19, 2013

When i submitted change of status (H1 to F1) i submitted my paystubs as proof of income. Did n't submit any bank statements.

Received an RFE on Nov 13, 2013 with the text below

-------------------------------RFE Text----------------------------------------------------------
    This letter refers to the Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status you filed on 8/16/2013,
    with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
    After a thorough review of the supporting documentation submitted with your Form I-539, USCIS
    has determined that additional information and/or documentation is needed.
    Financial - Bank Statements
    You are required to show that you currently have the financial means to pay for the course of study
    and living expenses for your first year of study.
    USCIS received the scholarship letter you submitted, but this only covered a fraction of your
    expenses for your first year of study. The pay-slips and W2 you submitted show what you made in
    the past and do not show funds immediately available to you.
    Submit evidence that you have immediate funds available to you to pay for your tuition and living
    expenses for the first year of study as indicated on your SEVIS Certificate of Eligibility for
    Nonimmigrant Student Status (Form I-20). Such evidence includes but is not limited to:
    - Money in a checking account and/or savings account;
    - Other cash assets; or
    - Affidavits of support from a sponsor.
    If you have a sponsor, have your sponsor submit a statement or Affidavit of Support specifying the
    contributions he or she will make on your behalf. Your sponsor should submit documentary
    evidence that he or she is able to provide immediate funds for your first year of study, as well as an
    ability to provide support for the duration of your studies.
    You must submit the requested evidence within 33 days from the date of this notice. If you do not
    respond, USCIS may deny your application. Please note the required deadline for providing a
    response to this Request for Evidence (RFE). The deadline reflects the maximum period for
    responding to this RFE. However, since many immigration benefits are time sensitive, you are
    encouraged to respond to this request as early as possible but no later than the date provided on the
    request.
    You need to submit all of the evidence at one time. Submission of only part of the evidence requested
    will be considered a request for a decision based upon the record. We are unable to grant additional
    time for submitting evidence.
    -----------------------------------RFE text------------------------------------------------------------

I have a sponsor willing to support me. What are the documents i should submit responding to this RFE?

One document is the Affidavit of support. My college has a Affidavit of Support document. Is this is one or the form i-134 document. Are there any other documents to be submitted if i have a sponsor?

Thanks

-Vivek

Hello Vivek,

I am in the same boat right now and received RFE on change of status from h1 to f1.
    What was the USCIS response for ur RFE?

Comment

About letter explaining reason for change of status

Hi Vivek,

Soon I am planning to apply for change of status from H1 to F1.
      Could you please tell me what did you described in reason for change of status.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
      Neek

I am in the same boat right now and received RFE on change of status from h1 to f1.
      What was the USCIS response for ur RFE?[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X