Applying for F1 visa, and B1/B2 visa for Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for F1 visa, and B1/B2 visa for Parents

Hello all, I am an Indian citizen who has lived in Doha,Qatar for the past 14 years. I plan to study in the US in Jan 2014. I have received my I20, paid the SEVIS fee and made a DS160 application. My family(Father,mother,sister) want to come with me to enroll me in my university, and also to visit their relatives that live nearby. I had a confusion regarding what type of visa they should apply for. Under the "B" classification, there were the options of "B1/B2","B1","B2". Does it make a difference if they choose "B1/B2" or "B2". Also, regarding the interview; would we be interviewed as a group? Or would THEY be interviewed as a group, and me individually? Or does it not make a difference?
    Thank you for taking the time to read through, and please give a response if you know what the answers are to my few questions.

> would THEY be interviewed as a group, and me individually? Or does it not make a difference?

Not sure about Doha but in India, you would be interviewed separately. Your parents could opt to apply together.

They need a B2 visa. "B2" or "B1/B2" would work. Good luck!

Comment

Applying for F1 visa, and B1/B2 visa for Parents

I suggest you get your visa first before they apply, if you all apply together might trigger rejection cos they might think they will not leave the Us. My opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X