working on F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working on F1

so the rule is to maintain full time student status to be in this visa, right? that means I need to register for 3 classes (or whatever full time student means). no rule says I have to stay in US if I am registered full time and paying my tuition bills, right? now here comes the weird question: am I allowed to have an assistantship that provides tuition and waiver and stipend if I am outside of US and willing to work remotely for the school? assuming I can get this agreement with the paying department, of course. is this possible and within legal grounds?

You have to be attending classes full time. Being registered full time and paying bills is just the first step. ICE investigates this type of in-absentia student relationship.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA.

Originally posted by dingo View Post
    so the rule is to maintain full time student status to be in this visa, right? that means I need to register for 3 classes (or whatever full time student means). no rule says I have to stay in US if I am registered full time and paying my tuition bills, right? now here comes the weird question: am I allowed to have an assistantship that provides tuition and waiver and stipend if I am outside of US and willing to work remotely for the school? assuming I can get this agreement with the paying department, of course. is this possible and within legal grounds?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X