Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to F1

Hi,
    I have a L1-B visa on which I travelled to US for some time, but I am in India now. My visa is still valid for another year. I want to pursue studies in USA and have admit from a high ranking university. Could you please help me understand if I need to apply for F1 visa as a fresh applicant or I need to apply for Change of Status?
    If I have to freshly apply, do I need to take finger-printing and interview both?
    My brother already works in USA on H1-B. Does this impact my chances for a F1 visa?

Thanks,
    gg

dear immihelp members,
    Please advice me on my query. I need to start visa process soon.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gg86 View Post
      dear immihelp members,
      Please advice me on my query. I need to start visa process soon.

Thanks
      As you are outside US you dont have a immigrant/non immigrant status hence cannot do a Change of Status. You would need to apply afresh for F1 visa. Yes you would have to attend visa interview and finger printing.

A brother already in US can have a negative affect for F1 chances. What his visa status in US?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi

My brother has H1-B visa and he has been working there for over an year. As you mentioned it might have negative impact, please suggest if I should show some documents to prove my intention to return.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X