Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-F1 change of status,urgent help needed

hi all,

i am in a very hard situation.kindly please help..it is very very important & urgent..

I came to usa on H4 5 years ago..I am on EAD now,prority date being mid 2010, under EB-2 category.

unfortunately..things didn't workout between me & my spouse. we are getting divorced.Divorced was filed 3 months ago & the process is still going on.he is giving me hard time in not providing any kind of visa status or financial support to stay in the country atleast till I get into a job or university etc.
    He is trying to harass me,trying his best so that I should leave the country & not get any privileges of LPR or GC provided thorough his employment.

I am applying for a change of status from H4 to F1..(My divorce attorney told that i have to change my visa status to stay in the country)

just couple days ago, I got I-20 from a university/college to get graduated in a small course for time being.

my concerns are
    1)my H4 visa status is going to expire in 1st week of January.As per my knowledge,it takes 2-3 months to get change of visa status.what should I do meanwhile?should I leave the country or just stay on I-20 & start attending the course classes?

2)I am little confused about filling some columns in form I-539..particularly column 3,
    a)are you or any other person included on the application, an applicant for immigrant visa?? YES or NO
    b)has an immigrant petition ever been filed for you or any other person included in this application??YES or NO
    c)has Form I-485 ,application to register Legal Permanent Status or Adjust Status ,ever been filed by you or any other person included in this application??YES or NO.
    What should I answer to above questions..

3)what are the chances of approval/denial of the visa?

while I was on H4 my husband applied for my EAD,Green Card through his employer..Now that the divorce procedure is going on, Expecting a Green card or rather a valid visa from him,to stay in usa is a negligible option.hence i am working on my F1 status.

I am just too confused of what to do.
    some one suggested I apply for a tourist visa meanwhile I get f1..

I wish I could hire an immigration attorney & help me get through this...I am so running out of funds to feed attorneys fighting my divorce case, feed myself,pay for my living expenses etc..
    fortunately, my family back home is help me..

I have made arrangements to fund for my education by taking loan from couple of my cousins living in USA.

kindly suggest me something?? what should I do,what else can I do??

I am so confused,tired of searching for solutions..I am running out of time & option

thanks,

#Stronglove

Replied to you on H1 thread.

Originally posted by stronglove2014 View Post
    hi all,

i am in a very hard situation.kindly please help..it is very very important & urgent..

I came to usa on H4 5 years ago..I am on EAD now,prority date being mid 2010, under EB-2 category.

unfortunately..things didn't workout between me & my spouse. we are getting divorced.Divorced was filed 3 months ago & the process is still going on.he is giving me hard time in not providing any kind of visa status or financial support to stay in the country atleast till I get into a job or university etc.
    He is trying to harass me,trying his best so that I should leave the country & not get any privileges of LPR or GC provided thorough his employment.

I am applying for a change of status from H4 to F1..(My divorce attorney told that i have to change my visa status to stay in the country)

just couple days ago, I got I-20 from a university/college to get graduated in a small course for time being.

my concerns are
    1)my H4 visa status is going to expire in 1st week of January.As per my knowledge,it takes 2-3 months to get change of visa status.what should I do meanwhile?should I leave the country or just stay on I-20 & start attending the course classes?

2)I am little confused about filling some columns in form I-539..particularly column 3,
    a)are you or any other person included on the application, an applicant for immigrant visa?? YES or NO
    b)has an immigrant petition ever been filed for you or any other person included in this application??YES or NO
    c)has Form I-485 ,application to register Legal Permanent Status or Adjust Status ,ever been filed by you or any other person included in this application??YES or NO.

while I was on H4 my husband applied for my EAD,Green Card through his employer..Now that the divorce procedure is going on, Expecting a Green card or rather a valid visa from him,to stay in usa is a negligible option.hence i am working on my F1 status.

I wish I could hire an immigration attorney & help me get through this...I am so running out of funds to feed attorneys fighting my divorce case, feed myself,pay for my living expenses etc..

I have made arrangements to fund for my education by taking loan from couple of my cousins living in USA.

I am so confused,tired of searching for solutions..I am running out of time & option

thanks,

#Stronglove
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Did you get answers to your questions? I am in similar situation and looking for help and want to convert from H4 to F1. Any information would help me.

Originally posted by stronglove2014 View Post
      hi all,

my concerns are

thanks,

#Stronglove

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X