Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new sevis and new visa Reentry

Hello,

I had an admit from US University in Fall 2014 and FI Visa for same Univ.After arriving at University I returned back to India due to my health concerns and I had requested to cancel my SEVIS record.

I am planning to pursue my graduate studies this Fall 2015.However I am concerned about my new F1 visa issuance, since I read 'All Terminated records result in a flag

After contacting office of International programs they told me -
    My status was terminated due to early authorized withdrawal due to Health reasons. Aslo they said they have no idea about flagging and told me to contact consulate in India

My question is how can I check if any flag is given for my terminated record and request it to be removed
    Also Will I need any letter from my previous school ( for Visa Interview and at Port of Entry) regarding sevis termination reason .if yes please give me its format

Originally posted by ajs90 View Post
    Hello,

I had an admit from US University in Fall 2014 and FI Visa for same Univ.After arriving at University I returned back to India due to my health concerns and I had requested to cancel my SEVIS record.

I am planning to pursue my graduate studies this Fall 2015.However I am concerned about my new F1 visa issuance, since I read 'All Terminated records result in a flag

After contacting office of International programs they told me -
    My status was terminated due to early authorized withdrawal due to Health reasons. Aslo they said they have no idea about flagging and told me to contact consulate in India

My question is how can I check if any flag is given for my terminated record and request it to be removed
    Also Will I need any letter from my previous school ( for Visa Interview and at Port of Entry) regarding sevis termination reason .if yes please give me its format
    Yes they result in a flag and get the flag removed by asking your DSO to contact SEVIS also there can be implications on OPT authorisation and H1B. I have been through same situation however I hadn't entered on a new visa I entered on my previous university's visa and got H1B after satisfied RFE. If you need help contact me on [email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X