F2 to F1 COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to F1 COS

I have been admitted for fall 2016. I have applied for my change of status from F2 to F1 on June 20 2016 and still waiting for the approval as the processing time is 2.5 months from the date USCIS received my application i could expedite my application process so i am confused as of now to whether attend the orientation and enroll for the classes full time or not.I have contacted DHS and they told me i cannot enroll full-time until i receive the approval letter but i can enroll part time while on F2 status in this i have 2 cases

Case 1:

What happens if i attended Orientation and enroll part time classes and in the middle of semester my status has changed to F1 is it considered as from the date of approval or from the next semester i.e.,Spring 2017 it will considered as F1 full time student because i wanted to be on F1 Full time academic student for atleast 1 Full academic Year furthue approval of CPT or OPT application.

Case 2:

What happens if i defer my application to Spring 2017 and wait for the approval of Change of status to F1 if my status has been changed to F1 some around end of September 2016 will i be in status lawfully without enrolling for classes in this fall 2016 semester or not becasue there are like 3 months gap to start for Spring 2017 Semester if my application is deferred.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X