Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be allowed to enter United States

Hello,

My situation is complicated. I study in an American public university. Last December, I got very ill, and my DSO allowed me to leave the country with Authorized Temporary Withdrawal. I left on 28th January. I returned to USA on 16th April, to take exam, and came back home, on 21st May. Now, I was supposed to enroll this semester, but my university told me that I need to take another semester off because they do not think I have recovered enough. So, I am not allowed to enroll and my SEVIS is terminated. I have been promised my scholarship and enrollment in Spring by the University. But, before the university informed me, I had already booked a flight for the 15th of August. Do you think I can enter the United States.

If not, when I get enrolled in Spring, and get my scholarship back, do I need to re-apply for a VISA and pay new SEVIS fee? My DSO says they just have to file for a correction of status but I have been out for more than 5 months ( 2 semesters ), but my SEVIS was active till late July.

Thanks

Originally posted by USAlove1993 View Post
    . So, I am not allowed to enroll and my SEVIS is terminated. I have been promised my scholarship and enrollment in Spring by the University. But, before the university informed me, I had already booked a flight for the 15th of August. Do you think I can enter the United States.
    You will not be allowed entry into the United States with a terminated SEVIS. Why would you consider entering when the university specifically asked you to avoid doing so? The school is responsible for everyone's health and has be assured an individual is not a health threat to others.

Comment

Thank You! But what about my VISA? Do I have to apply for a new one?

Comment

Will I be allowed to enter United States

Originally posted by USAlove1993 View Post
        Thank You! But what about my VISA? Do I have to apply for a new one?
        When does your current visa expire? If your current visa is still active when you return in the spring then no. If it expires before then, then yes, you would need to re-apply.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

No, my current VISA is valid till 2019, but I have read at many places that you can't stay out of USA for more than five months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X