B2 to F1 adjustment while in the U.S concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 to F1 adjustment while in the U.S concern

Hey, I read in some old forums (early 2016,2015, and 2014) that people who intended to change status while in the U.S from tourist to student visa, got denied mainly because:
    1) Class start date older than 30 days since I-94 expiration date (RULE, apparently)
    2) If you apply to change status to f1 after more than 3 months in the U.S you will get denied (RUMOR, probably because it contradicts the 30/60/90 day rule, only giving you basically one day to send your application.)
    Does anyone have a story or have heard of someone successful changing status, because I'm somewhat reluctant to change status, since I have 4 months in the U.S, and my I-94 expires in mid-May, and classes start at the end of August, should I rather go back to my country and apply from there (one downside is that tickets to my country are really expensive).

Hi mathew.

I had to change my status form b2 to f1 on 2006.
    That time i got 6 months valid i-94. I came on february, and apply for adjustmet status around july or august. I don't really remember, but my former advisor previously said that you can apply adjustment status for fi after 90 days of your stay in the US if i remember it right.

You can have your visa change in your country (wherever it is), but you have to have i20 in order to get F1 visa in your country. With those i20, i think you will be able to get f1 visa.
    The downside for changing F1 status in US is, you can't (no matter what happens) go back/visit you home country; it will void your f1 status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X