F2 visa denied 214 b reason given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa denied 214 b reason given

I am studying in a top 20 business school in the US on a 90% scholarship. My wife has a valid H1 B that was processed this February but since the job was in New york and I am in a different state we decided that I will call her and my daughter on F2 visa. However their visa was denied under 214 b recently. This is the conversation my wife had with the visa officer.
    I know my wife did a few mistakes and it was becuase we had hired a consultant to prepare her for the interview but he did not provide us with the right inputs.
    My question is what can we do to reapply for the F2 visa. I have suffient funds with me on my I-20 to support them and have support of my father if needed in future. I also got a very good internship for the summer that I can add to the I-20. But is there anything we can do to improve my wife and daughter visa chances.
    Can my wife say that she could not not explain the questions clearly last time and is well prepared this time. Please suggest how she should approach the interview now.

Conversation

Me: Very good morning to you
    VO: Hello
    VO: Please show me your passport
    VO: Which visa are you applying for?
    Me: F2
    VO: Show me your I 20 form
    Me: Gave I 20 for myself and daughter
    VO: So your husband is studying in Rice University ?
    Me: Yes
    VO: When did his course begin?
    Me: August 2016
    VO: When is his course finishing?
    Me: May 2018
    VO: What are his plans after the course?
    Me: He still has another year to go, So, I can't comment on his plans right now.
    VO: Ok, So he still has another year
    Me: Yes
    VO: How much rent is he paying ?
    Me: Around 1000 dollars per month. He is sharing the apartment with his friend, So it comes somewhere around 750 per month.
    VO: Will you be staying in the same shared apartment?
    Me: He will shift to some other apartment once we are there. His lease for the current apartment is ending in July, so after that we will shift
    VO: Who will be paying for your expenses there?
    Me: I have been working for 10 years, I have around 30 lakhs in my savings account, mutual funds, FDs, policies, PF etc
    VO: Is your husband earning anything?
    Me: No
    VO: this time you are not eligible for F2 visa
    VO: Where are you currently working ?
    Me: I am currently working with ZZZ(MNC) corporation
    VO: What is your salary?
    Me: I earn a package of 17 lakhs per annum and I get monthly salary of more than a lakh
    VO: For how long will you be staying in the US?
    Me: Around an year
    VO: I think you should go there on visitor visa and visit your husband. You are not eligible for F2 visa.
    Gave back the passports and other documents.

Then I asked her, could you please tell me how much funds do I need to have to survive there?
    VO: you can't support a family of three and you cant work there on dependant visa
    Me: I have 30 lakhs of savings which is almost 50000 dollars, wouldnt that be sufficient
    VO: I have already made my final decision. In US the money vanishes like this you alone cant support your family there.
    Me: Thanks

same scenario

hi, did your wife get visa? even i went through the same scenario and got rejected on 27th Feb.
    Please help me on the same my son is missing his father and need to meet his father.
    i had the same set of questions and working in an MNC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X