Is it possible, change of status F1 -> L1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible, change of status F1 -> L1

Hi, Thank you for having such a forum for guidance. I would like some advice on change of status from F1 to L1. The scenario is I have F1 with a validity till 2020 and I was in US doing my Masters, I got a job opportunity and the company filed the petition for H1 but unfortunately I was not picked in the lottery and they transferred me to a another site in foreign country and I changed my Masters to 100% online and pursued the job, I have been working overseas with the same company for more than 1 year.

My concern is at the moment I believe my F1 Visa is valid but my university had the SEVIS record terminated for change of status to H1B or may be because I changed to 100% online program.

Q1) Can I have a change of status from F1 to L1 if my company is willing to transfer me or do I need to have a separate application for L1 from the scratch ?
    Q2) Can I enter US for a visit with this F1 visa for my convocation ceremony or do I have to take a Visitor Visa ?

I would really appreciate any helpful advice from this forum, I understand this is not a legal advice but it will help me in making sound decisions further.

Change of status is for people who are in the country with a valid visa status. You are abroad, so you do not have any non-immigrant status in the US. You do have a F-1 visa, but I'm not sure you can use it to gain admission to the United States because you've been terminated on SEVIS and you don't have a valid recent I-20 with travel endorsement

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X