different sevis number in i-20 and visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different sevis number in i-20 and visa

my daughter took a break in MS program (in fourth sem) due to ill health, she is out of US for 6 months. Now planning to continue her education from the same university, her F1 visa is valid upto 2019. however the university had sent a new I-20 with a new SEVIS number. Can someone advice as to what all she need to do to reflect the new number in the Visa. Is it required at all?
    Will be grateful for an early reply as she is running out of time for joining in spring.

Hope this helps u .. U have to pay Sevis fees and get a new F1 with the new I20

F-1 students returning after more than 5 months and ALL J-1 students:

If there will be more than a five month gap between your enrollment, you will require a new, F-1 status and new 'Initial' I-20. This will be a completely new F-1 record. If your leave is for more than five months, you must:

Submit the Returning from a Leave of Absence (More than 5 Months) form ~3 months before you plan to return to the University. This will allow time for the creation and receipt of your new SEVIS record/I-20.

Coordinate with your department to submit the completed Academic and Financial Review (AFR) form and supporting financial documentation to OIA. You will be required to provide financial documentation
    Receive your new Form I-20

Pay the SEVIS fee.

Get a visa:
    F-1 students: Obtain a new F-1 visa, even if your old F-1 visa is still valid.
    J-1 students: Obtain a new J-1 visa, ONLY if your old visa is no longer valid.
    Travel to the U.S. no more than 30 days before the start date listed on your new I-20.
    Not a Legal Advice, Just a suggestion

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X