Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being selected for green card lottery affect F-1 application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does being selected for green card lottery affect F-1 application?

Hi,

I?ve been selected in the diversity visa program aka green card lottery and due to go University in less than 2 months time.

I?m currently deciding whether or not to submit the documents for the green card lottery, or to just apply for student visa (F-1) and proceed for the interview.

My question is that whether being selected for green card visa is an intent to immigrate, and if so, does it affect my chances of F1 visa.

Originally posted by Lukebrickgc View Post
    Hi,

I?ve been selected in the diversity visa program aka green card lottery and due to go University in less than 2 months time.

I?m currently deciding whether or not to submit the documents for the green card lottery, or to just apply for student visa (F-1) and proceed for the interview.

My question is that whether being selected for green card visa is an intent to immigrate, and if so, does it affect my chances of F1 visa.
    Yes. F1 is a non-immigrant visa, while GC is the opposite of it. So the fact you have been selected in the lottery is a red flag at the time of issuance of a F1.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukebrickgc View Post
      Hi,

It will defintely affect it, however, you don't get the DVL chance every day, so if you haven't paid tuition yet, I'd highly recommend you go the GC route and wait until you've received it to start school.
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X