Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently on H4, planning to get F1. Will H4 get cancelled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on H4, planning to get F1. Will H4 get cancelled.

Hi,

I am currently on H4 and doing masters. I will graduate in December. Since H4 EAD is going to be revoked I am planning to get F1 before next semester. I have an internship offer for this summer. So I can change to F1 visa only after the internship. I have 2 kids (5 and 1) and my in-laws are here to take care of kids. But they will be here until June end only. So I thought of going to India to get F1 stamped during first week of may and re-enter in H4 visa. Then complete mo internship in H4 EAD, then go to Canada just before fall semester and re-enter in F1 visa. Would this work? My concern is will my H4 visa get cancelled when F1 gets approved? Please advise.

Originally posted by rmudappa View Post
    Hi,

I am currently on H4 and doing masters. I will graduate in December. Since H4 EAD is going to be revoked I am planning to get F1 before next semester. I have an internship offer for this summer. So I can change to F1 visa only after the internship. I have 2 kids (5 and 1) and my in-laws are here to take care of kids. But they will be here until June end only. So I thought of going to India to get F1 stamped during first week of may and re-enter in H4 visa. Then complete mo internship in H4 EAD, then go to Canada just before fall semester and re-enter in F1 visa. Would this work? My concern is will my H4 visa get cancelled when F1 gets approved? Please advise.
    Though the cancellation (without prejudice) of the H4 visa is at the discretion of the consulate, usually it is not cancelled, and you can have both the visas stamped in your passport.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X