Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VISA intreview without writting GRE? Whats the Risk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISA intreview without writting GRE? Whats the Risk?

Hi All,

I am a B.E graduate from India with 2 yrs work exp in (R&D) and TOEFL (250). I haven't given my GRE yet. I wish to pursue an MS in Management in the US. A couple of grad schools that I am looking at doesn't require GRE scores for admission. It is clearly stated in the univ's website and also the academic advisers have replied (via mail) me back that GRE is not considered for admission. Also these schools are private schools and there are no aid/assistantship for Intl students.

Say I get an I20 from the univ, and I appear for the VISA interview...

Will going for MS without giving GRE exam will create a problem in getting the VISA?

I am not able to simulate what would happen then ?

Regards
    VVEEKK

Originally posted by vveekk
    Hi All,

I am a B.E graduate from India with 2 yrs work exp in (R&D) and TOEFL (250). I haven't given my GRE yet. I wish to pursue an MS in Management in the US. A couple of grad schools that I am looking at doesn't require GRE scores for admission. It is clearly stated in the univ's website and also the academic advisers have replied (via mail) me back that GRE is not considered for admission. Also these schools are private schools and there are no aid/assistantship for Intl students.

Say I get an I20 from the univ, and I appear for the VISA interview...

Will going for MS without giving GRE exam will create a problem in getting the VISA?

I am not able to simulate what would happen then ?

Regards
    VVEEKK
    GRE is not a requirement for aVisa............satisfying the schools academic admission requiremnt is..........the consulate does not dictate the schools admission policy

Comment

with toefl and gre has better chnace of visa eventhough univ do no require gre

Comment

hi vvivek,

I would like to suggest two things here...

1) There is no need of GRE and TOEFL scores if the university provides a resumption letter to consulate general...you must to show it to him. But,
        the consular emphasizes on your academic background. If you have good academics then you can .....

2) I personally advice you to give him GRE and Toefl scores even though they are not mandatory coz each consular has his own thoughts.

Overall he/she measures your presentation skills.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X