F1 visa esperience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa esperience

I applied for f1 visa in June. I had a short interview with the officer in the morning . He asked me to meet him later that day at the lobby to submit my resume. We sat down and talked, he said that he found my documents ( bank statements- letter from my current employer- job offer for back in my country, property deeds, ) perfect and he added that from his section and his point of view I was eligible to get the visa except that I had to wait for the security clearance. I asked him how long it would take and he said 2 weeks.

3 weeks later I got this e-mail from the embassy asking for my RESUME and Property deeds.... I got very angry reading that e-mail cuz those documents had already been submitted to the embassy on the day of interview and I was running late with my school program. Although I sent them the documents but I called the visa section to ask what made them wait three weeks to ask me for the same documents...Obviously they did not give me any proper answer but they gave me a case number and said my case would be further processed and I could check my visa status after two weeks.

2 weeks later I got this not very nice e-mail " you were found ineligible under the act 214...."

Do they have to play with people's time and mind for 5 weeks to let them know they are not eligible? I mean apparently my interview did not take 10 minutes but it has taken 35 days..... I am really angry , I mean this officer could have and Should have simply said no we do not find you blah blah on the day of interview!! He did leave the impression explicitly that I had been approved for the visa ..........what the hell is going on with these guys

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X