Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying F1 pls help

Hello everyone,

My F1 visa for 5 yrs expired in july, 2006. I am going to India in Dec and have to apply for a new F1 visa. Since Chennai dates are not available, can I apply from any consulate in India. If so, how can I take visa appointment on VFS website because If I say I belong to Andhra Pradesh, it takes me to Chennai website.

Thanks so much in advance and I appreciate your help.

Yes if you are in the south, you will have to take your interview in Chennai. 5 years back you would have taken your visa interview in Chennai right? So why do you expect it to be different?
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

I read somewhere online 2 yrs ago that once we are already in US on a visa, then you can apply next time from any consulate in India. I am not able find that info now.

Comment

Even I read that "somewhere" in a site like this.But I havent seen that in any of the US consulate sites.The best is to call VFS or email them.It is best to get the truth from the horse's mouth.
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

check the vfs site there is a special section for returning resident. We on this site are conjuring things out of thin air. did you do your research.

There are specific conditions for this scenario.

I just checked the vfs-site, this option is not available for F status only H and L
          Last edited by waitin_toolong; 11-30-2007, 10:17 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X