Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent information regarding opt

hi
    i am bhuji . i am on opt now.i have a question. i want to go to india this march. Is there will be any problem while coming back ? . I will be applying h1 this april. i can go to india when one is on opt period?

If your post-completion OPT has been approved (EAD card has been issued by USCIS) and you have a job or a job offer, you may leave and re-enter the U.S. in order to begin or resume employment. If your post-completion OPT has been approved and you leave the U.S. before getting a job or a job offer, your OPT ends. You may not be able to re-enter the U.S. as an F-1 student.

After USCIS has issued an EAD card for post-completion OPT, in order to have the best chance of re-entering the U.S. without problems, you should be sure you have the following documents: your passport (valid for six months after you plan to re-enter the U.S.), a valid F-1 visa stamp in your passport, your I-20, your EAD card, and evidence that you already have a job in the U.S. or that you have a job offer. The visa stamp requirement does not apply to Canadian citizens.

If you need to apply for a new F-1 visa, you should also be sure to have your EAD card and evidence that you already have a job in the U.S. or that you have a job offer in addition to the usual documents required for a visa application.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X