F-1 Visa -- B1 rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa -- B1 rejected

Appreciate your help. My B-1 business Visa for my company was rejected twice 3 years back for the potential immigrant thing(221-B). I'm applying for F-1 Visa now to University of Texas at Austin for an MBA. My GMAT score is 740/800(98%ile) and TOEFL is 108/120. I've first division for my college. I haven't received any scholarship and the expenses come out to be 42 Lacs. I can show 45Lacs as liquid money including 15Lacs loan. Please comment on my chances and more specifically how will B-1 rejection 3 years back affect my chances for F-1

Thanks,
    Harsh

It is unfortunate but your B1 rejection for a potential immigrant might work against your F1.

As you have good scores and an admission from a good school, you probably have more ties to show to your home country now that when your B1 was rejected and it may result in the visa being granted.

Good Luck!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a ton mate!!!

Comment

Your GMAT and TOEFL scores are really top class. Besides, UT Austin Rocks !

Congrats for the accomplishments !
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Here comes the longhorn fan club :-)

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I was just trying to encourage the OP. Nothing else.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X