Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Valid F1 and applied for Extension. Got 221(g) PLEASE HELP

HI!

I have a valid F1 visa. And I was finished with my OPT after graduation college. After that I transfered to an University to get the next higher degree. Now, I knew about the 30 Day rule, so I double and triple checked with the international department at the University. They said it didn't apply for me, since I am a Transfer student. They found a whole paragraph about it.

Now at the embassy yesterday i was interviewed and the lady said she has to check on that with her boss since she had never heard of that ruling. She handed me a white 221(g) with the remark that my application needs additional clearances.

She did keep my passports. My new one with no visa and my old one with the valid visa inside.

My studies are to start mid august and my current visa will expire mid july. Unfortunaly not on the same date, so maybe the grace period would fit.

Anyways, my question is what are my chances to get the visa? I contacted school, and they send a letter and a fax to the embassy explaining the situation, that I'm a transfer student and they also put the paragraph in it as well. Now I am supposed to go back to the US on the 20th of this month. The Embassy knows that, and the lady told me she would be able to call washington ( whatever that means) the same day.
    She also said that my school could send me an new I-20 with a new "month" on it. saying it would be April instead of August, and everything should be fine.
    But my school is saying that i def. should get the visa because i'm asking for an extension and not a "New" one.

please help me with this. I'm scared out of my mind. This was supposed to be easy and It's hell.

Thank you

I mean all this might be fine if i wouldn't have to get back that day.

problem solved

the problem did get solved. i received my visa

Comment

hey Angel,have u ever had an experience with a transfer student transferring from a university outside the USA to a University in the USA for an undergraduate course,i am in that shoe,and i study Physics Science at my current school but i am transferring to study atmospheric physics,i already sent in my transcript and i have a GPA of 3.0.Please am open to any advice or suggest from anyone,Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X