Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 transfer problem

Hello!
    I am on F1 currently and my OPT expired last week. My prospective employer is willing to file H1 application in April so that I can start working from october. My question is: can I legally stay in US from May to october even though I am not authorized to work till then?
    Thanks.

I know that you can legally stay for about two months after your OPT expires, not sure about staying till October. Consult your local USCIS or call 1 (800) 375-5283 and ask anonymously
    Good luck!

Comment

Hi

Hi,

I saw your posting regarding the OPT to H1-B case. I find myself in a similar situation and would like to know how you resolved the matter.

Thanks in advance,
      Deepa.

Comment

Only one way for you guys

You need to enroll in any college or university on F-1 (Yes register, pay fees and sit in classes, because attendence is tightly being regulated), till you get the H-1 approval AND your H-1 start day starts, which will be October 1 for whatever year you may apply. That is the only way out. And you need to maintain good record at the new school (or may rejoin some program and get another I-20 from your old school).

WJKHAN

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X