Urgent help needed F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed F1

Hi.. I am on f1 visa and doing mba...already completed two semesters...I have opted cpt bt i dnt hav any job ...i got offer letter frm consultant. I have one question....I am pregnant now...and only 2 semesters to go...after that i will be on OPT ...but what if i can't work at that time ..or I don't get any job...

Can I come back to H4 and then after birth of baby,,continue wid my mba??
    If yes then credits of two semester will be counted or I have to start from zero??

OR,

I complete my Mba now and then go to h4....but when i come back to F1 will I b eligible for OPT or I need to start another master??

PLease reply me ASAP.

Thanks

Originally posted by amirani
    Hi.. I am on f1 visa and doing mba...already completed two semesters...I have opted cpt bt i dnt hav any job ...i got offer letter frm consultant. I have one question....I am pregnant now...and only 2 semesters to go...after that i will be on OPT ...but what if i can't work at that time ..or I don't get any job...

You fortunately do not have to be paid for CPT, but make sure you at least have some certificate from that consultant.

Can I come back to H4 and then after birth of baby,,continue wid my mba??
    If yes then credits of two semester will be counted or I have to start from zero??

OR,

I complete my Mba now and then go to h4....but when i come back to F1 will I b eligible for OPT or I need to start another master??

PLease reply me ASAP.

Thanks
    You cannot stay in F1 unless you are full time student or working full time on OPT after completing your program. (Only 90 days of unemployment is allowed in OPT). You can stay on H4 and complete MBA, but for OPT you will need F1 status. Best option is to deliver the baby after changing to H4 and then change back to F1 and complete your MBA.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X