Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Change Of Status from h4 to f1

Hi,

Currently I am studying on h4 Visa. My Visa is valid till Dec 31st 2019. I am planning to apply COS here. It is taking anywhere from 12-15 months for cos to be adjudicated. So applying for cos in the month of July gets RFE or it will be denied?

Thanks,
    Lakshmi.

Originally posted by Lakshmi0926 View Post
    Hi,

Currently I am studying on h4 Visa. My Visa is valid till Dec 31st 2019. I am planning to apply COS here. It is taking anywhere from 12-15 months for cos to be adjudicated. So applying for cos in the month of July gets RFE or it will be denied?

Thanks,
    Lakshmi.
    Hi. I am in the same situation. I am planning to apply for the COS or go for stamping.

I did not understand your question ? Can you please elaborate.

Thanks.

Comment

First of All What is COS
      When a non-immigrant or an international student/ worker enters US, that person is given a visa category. Immigration laws allow international student/ worker to move from one visa category to another, with few exceptions, like from H4 visa to H1B or F1 visa to H1 or L1 to H1B, without needing to go out of the country and getting the visa stamped for the new category. This process is called Change of Status and commonly referred as COS.

Now coming to your case If COS is filed, then it takes few months to one year process, there is no specific timeline define. You can check USCIS website to see current processing times. If standard COS is filed, then it cannot be expedited. If it is filed along w/ I-129 form, then it can be upgraded to premium processing. In this case, it will be adjudicated within 15 calendar days. If your COS petition is filed under premium, then once your RFE response is given, the 15 days calendar days clock kicks in and will be expedited.

Hope this is helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X