Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here on tourist visa but wants to change to F-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here on tourist visa but wants to change to F-1?

Hello everyone,,
    I am actually the sponsor for a 21 year old that at one time was my exchange student from Czech. He arrived here on 1/16 on a tourist visa and the I-94 has an out date of July 15.
    He has applied to a community college here and I have filled out the affidavit of support. Everything is in place except the TOEFL and that will be taken on 2/23.
    So the school will issue an I-20 in March.
    I just want to make sure I have the procedures correct.
    We will send the I-20 and หมวกกันน็อค a completed I-539 along with the affidavit of support and $300 in to change the visa to F-1. Is that right?
    Now - I also need to know if this is a problem - his I-94 expires 7/15 but the first actual day of fall classes is 8/18. So is that 30 day rule a problem?
    We thought about starting at summer session, but that would only give less then a month for all this to be processed.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Gabar View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    I am actually the sponsor for a 21 year old that at one time was my exchange student from Czech. He arrived here on 1/16 on a tourist visa and the I-94 has an out date of July 15.
    He has applied to a community college here and I have filled out the affidavit of support. Everything is in place except the TOEFL and that will be taken on 2/23.
    So the school will issue an I-20 in March.
    I just want to make sure I have the procedures correct.
    We will send the I-20 and 9apps a completed I-539 along with the affidavit of support and $300 in to change the visa to F-1. Is that right?
    Now - I also need to know if this is a problem - his I-94 expires 7/15 but the first actual day of fall classes is 8/18. So is that 30 day rule a problem?
    We thought about starting at summer session, but that would only give less then a month for all this to be processed.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I am having the same doubt. I will really appreciate any help from here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X