Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding F1 visa renewal

Hello,

I had taken a transfer from university A to B when I joined my masters in Jan 2015. This November when I came to India, my visa had expired on Passport in November 2019, so I applied for visa extension, since I had changed my university I had to appear for an interview. I had my interview yesterday and the VO approved my extension and kept the passport.

After a few hours, I emailed USCIS customer service and asked then if my new visa will have a name of university A or university B, to which I received this following response:
    Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a query regarding name on your visa.

In response to your question, please be informed that no show will be updated within 24-48 hours from the day of appointment and the receipt will be activated within 24 hours. Once the no show is updated, you may log into your profile and schedule both the appointments (Visa Application Center and Embassy / Consulate) with the same visa fee receipt towards the left side of the dashboard.

Can someone please help me understand this response? On the portal, it is still saying your passport is still with the consulate and on application status it is saying that my application is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing.

Please help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X