Did not enter Alien number on from i765 for OPT EAD replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did not enter Alien number on from i765 for OPT EAD replacement

I lost my OPT EAD and applied for a replacement. I did not realise that since I had been issued an EAD, I now had an Alien Number so I entered "None" in the question about alien number. I was thinking my application would be rejected and returned to me by the lockbox and I could just apply again but I got a text yesterday that my application had been accepted (not approved, only received) and Official Receipt Notice to follow in mail. Is there any chance my application will be approved? I attached copy of my old lost EAD with my application. Should I write a letter to USCIS explaining my error or should I just wait? I can't really afford for the application to be denied because I do not have enough unemployment days left to apply again if they were to deny it in a month or two.

Got the receipt notice and it does not have my Alien number on it. Any help on how to proceed would be great.

Comment

Hi, I have a similar situation now as you did. It would be great if you can share your experience. I entered my country of birth incorrect and submitted my stem opt application. Please let me know what steps you had to follow to correct your application

Comment

USCIS will cross verify your case against the info they have. A# is just one piece of information. You should be good.
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X