DS-160 question for F-1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 question for F-1 visa

I support my sister by filing immigration petition. Now her son is going to apply for F1 visa. How to answer the question ``“Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?” Thanks!

I am a student and I need your help with choosing a future profession and a visa for her

Comment

Thanks for giving a try. I'm asking what answer my nephew should choose. Perhaps should be ``No''.

Comment

What did you mean by "support" your sister? do you mean you filed the I-130 for her? or did you submit the affidavit of support for her?
        And did you list your nephew in the petition or was it only for your sister? If your nephew is applying for a F1, and you've never petitioned for him directly, then in the DS-160, he would list "no" because he's never been petitioned before. If you clarify your question a bit, we can help
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you, PKumar01! Yes, I filed I130 for my sister (applicant), which includes her family (my nephew included). The I-130 has been approved and wait for availability of visa. My nephew is already 22 years old.

Comment

Oh, in that case, you did petition for your nephew for an immigrant visa.
            --Good luck--
            Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks. So the answer would be Yes. How to put a description on it? He is already 22 years old, and cannot be beneficial for this petition.

Comment

If an immigrant petition was ever filed (I-130), he should answer YES. Under details, list the Approval Notice# & that it was family based petition
                Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, R78.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X