Is my F1 visa valid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my F1 visa valid ?

Initially I have my university admission date in April 2020 and my F1 Visa was approved in January 2020. But due to pandemic my admission was deferred to August 2020 and new I 20 is issued with same sevis number. Now do I need to go for visa interview or can I travel on same visa in July 2020 ??.

I know that if we stay outside of US for more than 5 months my F1 visa will be expired automatically but I don't if it expires even I never enter US after approval. Please share your knowledge. Thank you.

The current visa stamp on your passport is sufficient as long as it is still valid when you travel to the US. Just be sure to carry the new I-20.
    You may only enter the US within 30 days of program start date and not before. This date should be listed on the I-20

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
      The current visa stamp on your passport is sufficient as long as it is still valid when you travel to the US. Just be sure to carry the new I-20.
      You may only enter the US within 30 days of program start date and not before. This date should be listed on the I-20
      Thank you for your opinion R78. I do have validity till 2025.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X