Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As an employee, do I need to be e-verified by my employer for STEM OPT approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As an employee, do I need to be e-verified by my employer for STEM OPT approval?

Hi all,

I am an international student working with a company on OPT. When I was hired, the company was not enrolled in the e-verify program.

The company has recently enrolled into The e-verify program and I’d like to seek a STEM OPT extension.

Do I, as an employee, have to be verified in the E-Verify system by the company for my STEM OPT application to be approved? (Is that needed in addition to the company being enrolled in e-verify program?)

If so — since, I’m an existing employee — how can the company go about e-verifying me?

If your already an employee, you probably filled out an I9 and I don't believe you would need to be verified.

Comment

E-Verify is an online system to ensure your eligibility to work in the US.
      It is mandatory if specified by state law & for Federal Jobs & their contractors.
      For all other employers, it is optional but highly recommended. If a company decides to use e-verify, they will do so for everyone (to prevent bias / single out employees)

The registered employer will enter your SSN into the system which then compares it to the USCIS databases (in case of non-immigrants and LPR's). The system then provides an answer in a few seconds / within 24 hrs.

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabrielle Mitchell View Post
        Hi all,

I am an international student working with a company on OPT. When I was hired, the company was not enrolled in the e-verify program.

The company has recently enrolled into The e-verify program and I’d like to seek a STEM OPT extension.

Do I, as an employee, have to be verified in the E-Verify system by the company for my STEM OPT application to be approved? (Is that needed in addition to the company being enrolled in e-verify program?)

If so — since, I’m an existing employee — how can the company go about e-verifying me?
        I'm in the same situation now, did your company e-verify you or was it not required?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X